(redirected from TTC.ClubGear)
< TripGrading | Trip information | TripTransport >
Gear hire charges are as follows
|Touring Skis & Skins||120||420||na||na||na|
|Aluminium fuel bottles||nc||nc||5||10||20|
|First Aid Kit||nc||nc||nc||nc||10|
|Belay Figure 8||nc||nc||na||na||nc|
|No charge to hire||nc||Not allowed to hire||na|
You can purchase FMC pack liners for $2 each
- deposits are required by non-members on all items
- deposits are required by everyone for Avalanche Transceivers and personal locator beacons
- ropes, harnesses, quickdraws, slings, ATCs, and karabiners can only be taken out by instructors, not by anyone else.
- charges must be paid in advance
- equipment returned clean and dry on the first Tuesday evening
- TTC approved courses and programmes are exempt from charges
- non-members may hire gear only to use on a club trip, fees and a deposit will be required.
- TTC programmes and courses have priority over usage of the gear which means some gear will not be available for general club activities at times eg AIC, Bushcraft, Ski courses, and Youth programme
- when hiring crampons bring your boots along for fitting
- touring skis need to be fitted by an approved person please contact Carol Kelly -> mailto:ttc-tararua-lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 972 5895 or Vivienne Radcliffe -> mailto:ttc-tararua-lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 233 1398
To enable use of gear for the next weekend, all gear must be returned to the gear room by the next Club meeting.
- all gear must be clean and dry upon return.
- tents and flies must be neatly packed with number visible and complete with bag of poles and pegs.
- use of equipment in first aid kits must be recorded and advised to gear custodian to enable replenishment.
Please report any loss of or damage to Club gear to the Gear Custodian. Anyone responsible for such loss or damage is required to pay an appropriate amount as determined by the Committee. The gear room is open on Club nights from 7.45 p.m. until the start of the presentation and from the end of the presentation until 9.30 p.m.
Mountain radios for trips can be hired from the Wellington Mountain radio or Christchurch Mountain radio services.