Projector won't turn on
- check the projector is turned on at the wall to the right of the stage
- check the switch on the ceiling is switched on
- wait sufficient time for the bulb to warm up
- check batteries in the projector remote control (these rarely have to be changed)
- check projector indicator lights, see below for details
Projector not showing what is on the computer
- make sure the HDMI cable is connected from the computer to the front of the stage
- make sure laptop can identify the projector as its second screen (see Windows Display Settings)
Sound not playing or low volume, feedback, echo
- check sound is turned on at the wall to the right of the stage
- check the sound console at the rear of the hall is powered on
- use the microphone like an icecream – not quite licking it, but the closer you get to it the better the sound will be and the least chance of feedback
- turn off the laptop speaker if there is feedback
- turn the laptop volume down to zero if there is still noise from the laptop after turing off the speaker
- if there is echo ensure that there is only one Google Meet session running on the laptop
- if there is echo ensure that there are no other devices in the hall, e.g. phones, that have their spekaers on
- make sure the audio cable connects the laptop and front of the stage
- check Z1 light under ST2 is lit, if not use the SEL button under Z1 Music volume control to adjust
- check cable connection under stage through small door under stage to right
Windows playback device
- check the correct playback device is selection (see Windows Sound troubleshooting)
- select the Speakers icon on the taskbar
- select the arrow to open a list of audio devices connected to the laptop
- check that the audio is playing to the laptop audio device or the projector audio device, depending on which is being used
Wired stage microphone
- check Z1 light under ST1 is lit, if not use the SEL button under Z1 Music volume control to adjust
- check cable is firmly seated in the microphone body and in the stage socket
Check the microphone battery levels at the sound console at the rear of the hall, replace batteries if low
- #2 is the handheld microphone
- #4 is the belt pack with headset or lapel microphone
See the PA instructions below
Any or all of the micropohones can be operated together.
- Mic Volume controls for each of the microphones as labelled: Mic1 - unused; Mic2 - Front XLR microphone input; Mic3 - Handheld; Mic4 - Beltpack; Rear – mixer input.
- Z1 Music Master (MUSIC) volume controls the overall music and computer inputs and should be set to around ¾
- Controls Z2, Z3, Z4 are not used
- Music and Computer Inputs: ST1 - unused, ST2 - stage front connections, ST3 - input cable inside cabinet, ST4 - unused
Projector indicator lamps
If the Panasonic projector is not working please notify the clubrooms booking officer Owen Watson -> mailto:ttc [period] clubrooms [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on 027 429 6695
|Red||Lit||The power is switched off (in standby mode).
Projection will start when the power <v/b> button is pressed.
|Blinking||The power is switched off (in standby mode).
Projection will start when the power <v/b> button is pressed. Please notify the clubrooms booking officer.
(2 secs on and off)
The light source is turned off due to the [POWER MANAGEMENT] setting. The projector lights up and begins to project when a signal is input or a button operation is performed.
(0.75 secs on and off)
The light source is turned off because the shutter function is in use (shutter: closed). The projector lights up and begins to project when you press the <SHUTTER> button on the remote control.
The Laptop should use the TararuaTC-5 SSID to get the best WiFi speed. If WiFi is not available, i.e. you cannot see the TararuaTC-5 or TararuaTC SSID (access code is Waerenga1961), the router may have been reset. If you can see either of the SSIDs SPARK-B618-5G-9576 or SPARK-B618-9576 use them with the access code HB2J221HENF.
The WiFi router is located in the Library room. If there is no WiFi and you have access to the room check the power is on on the router and power the router off and on.
If there is still no WiFi please advise the Hall booking officer.
As a work around find someone who has mobile data available on their phone and use that phone to "hotspot" the laptop.