Offers to present to Tararua Tramping Club members and friends on topics of interest are always welcome. Talks are promoted on the TTC website and in the Tararua Tramper newsletter. A picture or two for publicity is requested, and we are happy to link to any websites.
Our Tuesday club night meetings are held at our clubrooms at 4 Moncrieff Street, off lower Elizabeth Street in Mt Victoria. Presentations and proceedings are shared online, using Google Meet web conferencing. The audience is 'live' both at the clubrooms and online.
We provide presenters with a car park immediately outside the clubrooms, and assist them to set up their presentations and to use the audio-visual equipment.
Presenters have 40-45 minutes for their presentations, followed by five-ten minutes for questions from the audience.
Because their is also an online audience:
- please use the onscreen pointer provided by the presentation software, or the mouse cursor
- please repeat questions before answering them
Audiovisual equipment and software
The Club provides:
- A laptop running Windows 10 and presentation software (see below), set up to host both clubroom and online presentations simultaneously.
- A presenter's light for reading speech notes.
- A stereo sound public address system with a choice of four types of microphones. Use of the head-worn microphone is recommended.
- A ceiling-mounted data projector with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 768.
- A large wall screen.
Using the Club's laptop
The Club's laptop has:
- Powerpoint 2019
- Media: VLC media player, Photos, Films and TV, FSViewer, IrfanView.
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Adobe Reader DC
- WiFi internet connection. Please do not rely on this to access streaming content from the Internet.
- USB A drives. Alternatively, you can download or play your presentation from cloud providers such as Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, Box etc. There is no DVD drive.
Using your own laptop/device
If you wish to use your own laptop, it must be able to connect using a type A HDMI plug (see image), and have a headphone jack if your presentation contains audio. If it has an HDMI mini or micro socket, you will need to provide an adapter. It must also have Google Chrome installed and be capable of WiFi connection.
Guides on preparing and delivering presentations
Please contact our club night talks organisers Liz Martin -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 938 6311 or Julia Fraser -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 586 8466 or Elizabeth Bridge -> mailto:ttc-clubnight [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query from TTC website on (04) 972 5848 if you have any questions.