About the Tararua Tramping Club Website
All text and pictures are copyright of their respective owners.
The Tararua Tramping Club logo is copyright of the Tararua Tramping Club.
Permission to copy part or all of these pages must be obtained prior to copying them.
These pages are produced for and on behalf of the Tararua Tramping Club. Opinions expressed on them are not necessarily those of the TTC, Webmaster, or the Webteam.
The TTC website uses a collaborative content management wiki engine to allow all club members to both benefit from, and contribute to, our enjoyment of the club and its activities.
Where possible open source, open standards, and free software is used to support the TTC website.
- TTC uses PmWiki (version pmwiki-2.2.109)
- TTC uses the Vivaldi, Chrome, and Firefox browsers
- Files are uploaded by Filezilla.
- Image manipulation is performed by FastStone image viewer.
- Images are renamed using Renamer
TTC recognises the privacy implications of the web, particularly those related to searching and archiving of content. Also the nuisance of spam.
- all email addresses on this website are obfusticated to prevent automatic harvesting.
- The personal email addresses of club members are redirected through club email addresses, to protect privacy and to allow the cancellation of the email address in event of spam.
Links from other Pages
The TTC pages are linked to from a number of other pages.
Please link your home page to the TTC Home Page and advise the webmaster of your link.
- originally set up in 1999 on Wellington Community net, John Rippon provided the design and technology
- Simon Davis converted to use of Server Side Includes and CSS
- in 2005 upgraded to the use of the PmWiki content management system
- 2016 made mobile accessible
- 2018 made HTTPS----
For more information please see the Webteam pages.