Website security and privacy
The TTC website uses the following methods to assist in preserving club and club member privacy.
The website uses many of the security features provided by the PmWiki content management system.
- passwords to restrict access to administrative areas of the site, and to restrict editing to "humans"
- URL approvals to discourage link spamming
- tools to ensure PmWiki and cookbook add-ins are at current versions
- blocklist to prevent page spamming
In addition the site:
robots.txtto request certain content is not indexed
- obfuscates all email addresses to prevent them being harvested
- all uploads and changes to the website are logged using history and recent changes pages
The webteam ensure that all website software is kept up to date and security best practices are followed.
Member's personal security, safety and privacy
Please see the separate advice for members.