Tararua Tramping Club - Facilities
Our Clubrooms are a valuable asset. They are 100% owned by the club and we hire them out to several other
organisations - including other tramping clubs! For information regarding club room hire
contact our club rooms booking officer (see club contacts page).
The gear room exists for the benefit of club members and stocks gear (over 400 items) needed on trips. Most of the gear is lent free to members. Most of the gear is not available to non-members. The gear room is open each club evening for members to draw and/or return gear for club trips or private trips.
Hire equipment includes: Tents, tent flies, billies, insulation mats, axes, ice axes, ice hammers, crampons, packs, first aid kits, avalanche transceivers, personal locator beacons, food, dehydrators, etc:
Gear hire charges are as follows
|Touring Skis & Skins||120||420||na||na||na|
|Aluminium fuel bottles||nc||nc||5||10||20|
|First Aid Kit||nc||nc||nc||nc||10|
|Belay Figure 8||nc||nc||na||na||nc|
|No charge to hire||nc||Not allowed to hire||na|
You can purchase FMC pack liners for $2 each
Gear hire conditions
- deposits are required by non-members on all items
- deposits are required by everyone for Avalanche Transceivers and personal locator beacons
- ropes, harnesses, quickdraws, slings, ATCs, and karabiners can only be taken out by instructors, not by anyone else.
- charges must be paid in advance
- equipment returned clean and dry on the first Tuesday evening
- TTC approved courses and programmes are exempt from charges
- non-members may hire gear only to use on a club trip, fees and a deposit will be required.
- TTC programmes and courses have priority over usage of the gear which means some gear will not be available for general club activities at times eg AIC, Bushcraft, Ski courses, and Youth programme
- when hiring crampons bring your boots along for fitting
- touring skis need to be fitted by an approved person please contact Carol Kelly -> mailto:ttc-tararua-lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 972 5895 or Vivienne Radcliffe -> mailto:ttc-tararua-lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 233 1398
To enable use of gear for the next weekend, all gear must be returned to the gear room by the next Club meeting.
- all gear must be clean and dry upon return.
- tents and flies must be neatly packed with number visible and complete with bag of poles and pegs.
- use of equipment in first aid kits must be recorded and advised to gear custodian to enable replenishment.
If you have any questions on the gear room contact the Gear Custodian Stuart Hutson -> mailto:ttc-gear-custodian [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 027 686 5636
The clubrooms are also the home for our library.
One of our librarians is present each Tuesday night for members wishing to borrow or
return books or magazines. Have a look in the TTC Library catalog
Some of our more historic literature has been forwarded to the
Turnbull Library for safe-keeping.
Tararua Tramping Club Lodge is our unique alpine lodge situated on the northern slopes of Mt. Ruapehu within the Whakapapa ski area, in Tongariro National Park and World Heritage area.
Tararua Lodge the base for many of our winter activities, and also is available for use by non-members, although at least one of the party must be a TTC member.
Today we maintain four tramping huts and our Ruapehu mountain lodge.
Cone , Field and Kime are "open" huts and all lie within the Tararua Forest Park.
Waerenga is a locked hut in the Rimutaka Forest Park.
Be a great tramper, follow the Minimum Impact Code