Gear hire charges are as follows
|Touring Skis & Skins||50||150||na||na||na|
|Aluminium fuel bottles||nc||nc||nc||nc||nc|
|First Aid Kit||nc||nc||nc||nc||nc|
|Belay Figure 8||nc||nc||na||na||nc|
|No charge to hire||nc||Not allowed to hire||na|
The gear room is open on Club nights from 7.00 p.m. until the start of the presentation and from the end of the presentation until 9.00 p.m.
- You must be a TTC member to borrow items. Non members may borrow gear for club trips only at the discretion of the gear custodian, VP or President.
- NO deposits are required for borrowing Avalanche Transceivers and personal locator beacons
- Ropes, harnesses, quickdraws, slings, ATCs, and karabiners can only be taken out by instructors, not by anyone else.
- Charges must be paid in advance
- Equipment must be returned clean and dry on the first Tuesday evening after the trip
- TTC approved courses and programmes are exempt from charges
- TTC programmes and courses have priority over usage of the gear which means some gear will not be available for general club activities at times eg AIC, Bushcraft, and Youth programme
- When hiring crampons you must bring your boots along for fitting
- Touring skis need to be fitted by an approved person, please contact Carol Kelly -> mailto:ttc-tararua-lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 972 5895 or Vivienne Radcliffe -> mailto:ttc-tararua-lodge [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on (04) 233 1398
To enable use of gear for the next weekend, all gear must be returned to the gear room by the next Club meeting. This is especially important for PLBs - we only have 5.
- all gear must be clean and dry upon return.
- Tents and flies must be neatly packed with number visible and complete with bag of poles and pegs.
- Use of equipment in first aid kits must be recorded and advised to gear custodian to enable replenishment.
Please report any loss of or damage to club gear to the Gear Custodian Peter Hicks -> mailto:ttc-gear-custodian [snail] ttc [period] org [period] nz?Subject=Query%20from%20TTC%20website on 021 416 090. Anyone responsible for such loss or damage is required to pay an appropriate amount as determined by the Committee.