Be a great tramper, follow the Minimum Impact Code
These are trip reports submitted by club members, and from the Tararua Tramper.
Trip reports with photos
- 2012-04-05-Moss Pass An easter trip up the Sabine, over Moss Pass, returning down the D'Urville
- 2011-12-03-Pioneer Hut Climbs of Haidinger, Halcombe, Glacier Peak, West Peak, & Lendenfield.
- 2011-05-13-Naxos Island Greece Several day walks on the Naxos, one of islands in the Greek Cyclades group
- 2010-10-22-Tapuaeouenuku Labour weekend climbs of Tapuae-o-Uenuku and Alarm from the Clarence River
- 2010-10-22-Pelorus River-Bryant Range Labour Weekend - Pelorus River to Middy Hut, & Bryant Range to Dew Lakes
- 2010-10-17-Percy Scenic Reserve A trip to unveil a memorial to Peter Jagger in the Percy Scenic Reserve
- 2010-10-02-Mick-Tangata Maunga A 9-hour day trip over two peaks and along ridges
- 2010-08-22-Tararua Lodge Mt Ruapehu University ski week at the TTC lodge.
- 2010-07-01-Cordilleras Blanca And Huayhuash-Peru Eight weeks of climbing and living in the mountains of northern Peru using the town of Huaraz as a base
- 2010-06-26-Tararua Lodge Ruapehu A mid-winter weekend to celebrate the new alterations
- 2010-04-31-Otztal Alps Traverse An alpine ski touring trip to the Otztal alps, central eastern Alps, Europe
- 2010-04-18-Red Rocks A family tramp to Red Rocks, Wellington South Coast.
- 2010-04-02-Mt Owen An easter trip to Mt Owen area with climbs of Mt Owen, Replica, anda visit to Granity Pass.
- 2010-04-01-Renata Forks-Elder Hut-Quoin Ridge A 2-day round trip from Eastern Hutt to Elder Hut via Renata Forks and Quoin Ridge
- 2010-02-20-Utah Ski Fields A ski trip to Utah, USA, to ski the best snow on earth
- 2010-01-22-Rainbow Road-Molesworth A cycle trip from St Arnaud through the Rainbow Valley to Lake Tennyson and on through the Molesworth to Hodder Bridge
- 2010-01-03-Huayna Potosi-Bolivia A guided climb of a 6088m peak in Bolivia
- 2006-06-03-Ski Life Lodge-Family
- 1999-02-07 Tauherenikau Gorge Family Trip
- 1997-Easter-Bridge To Nowhere Family Trip
- 1997-01-Southern Crossing With Children
- 1996-Easter-Queen Charlotte Walkway
- 1996-12-Waiototo Wanderings
2014 Trip Reports
2013 Trip Reports
- 2013-12-17-Trip Location theme or area of trips
- 2013-11-03 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-11-02 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-11-01 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-10-30 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-10-27-Kaiwharawhara Stream-Te Ahumairangi Hill An afternoon tramp that was slower than expected due to tree-falls
- 2013-10-27 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-10-26 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-10-25-Kaimanawas A 3-day trip in valleys and along the tops of the Kaimanawas
- 2013-10-21 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-10-19-Belmont Regional Park A day walk in the Belmont Regional Park
- 2013-10-18 Brief trip summary here
- 2013-10-01-Cone Ridge In 1929 First published in The Tararua Tramper Vol.5,No.11,Sept15,1933
- 2013-08-24-Clem Creek Spur-Cone Peak A day trip from Walls Whare to a windy Cone Peak via Clem Creek Spur
- 2013-08-23-Whakapapa-Ruapehu Two weekends of Ski Touring at Whakapapa
- 2013-08-21-Mc Kerrow-Cattle Ridge Along Graces Stream, up Clay Ridge to McKerrow & back via Cattle ridge.
- 2013-08-15-Makara Coastline Clean-up Wednesday walkers spend a day removing rubbish from the Makara Coast
- 2013-07-27-Akatarawa Forest River crossings and wading, plus travel up and down spurs in the Akatarawa Forest
- 2013-07-26-Mount Hopeless A 3-day winter traverse of Mount Hopeless
- 2013-07-13-Ruapehu-Youth Programme Snow 1 A snow instruction course based at Hut Valley Lodge accompanied by a snow storm.
- 2013-07-06-Carrington Ridge Up Carrington Creek then a climb to near Gentle Annie Saddle & along Carrington Ridge
- 2013-06-23-Totara Flats Two nights at Totara Flats hut with exploring to Makaka Creek & Totara Creek
- 2013-06-09-Waerenga Hut A trip to Waerenga Hut to dedicate the Michael Taylor memorial dry stone seat.
- 2013-05-31-St Arnard Walks to the tops & around Lake Rotoiti from Red Deer Lodge
- 2013-05-25-Akatarawa Tramline Through Akatarawa forest spurs, ridges, & river crossings plus the Akatarawa Tramline
- 2013-05-11-Skull Gully Wainuiomata A trip in the Wainuiomata Water Catchment Area to Skull Gully & Drummond Ridge
- 2013-04-14-Mt Mathews A climb of Mathews by an off-track route.
- 2013-04-03-West Akatarawa Maunganui A day walk from in the N.W. Akatarawa Forest Park
- 2013-03-Mitre Peak A climb of Mitre Peak with two high camps.
- 2013-03-9-Mt Ross A round trip in the Aorangi Mountains encountering plenty of undergrowth.
- 2013-03-28-Robson S Lodge-Kuripapango Trips from Robson’s Lodge to Mount Kuripapango, Kaweka Hut, Mackintosh Hut, & Blowhard Bush Reserve.
- 2013-03-27-Roaring Meg Offtrack up the Roaring Meg then returning via ridge on south side.
- 2013-03-27-Pinnacle Ridge A round trip to Pinnacle, along Pinnacle Ridge & down the Atiwhakatu
- 2013-03-17-Kaitoki Ridge-Benge Creek On & off-track travel up Katoke Ridge to Benge Creek.
- 2013-03-09-Te Mara-Waingawa River-Mitre A demanding circuit encompassing Te Mara, Waingawa River, Girdlestone, and Mitre
- 2013-02-27-Orongorongo Valley-Turere Lodge A night at Turere Lodge & visits to Waeranga & Haurangi Lodges.
- 2013-02-21-Dorset Ridge A trip via Baldy and Caim and bushy ridges to Dorset Creek and Dorset Hut.
- 2013-02-20-Mangahao Up Baber creek, down Dick Creek, then (swimming) down the Mangahao
- 2013-02-18-False Spur A trip via Quoin Ridge to Alpha hut then to Atkinson via False Spur.
- 2013-02-17-Willowbank Park-Belmont Regional Park Day trip from Takapu Rd Station to Horokiwi Bridleway, Belmont Trig & Korokoro
- 2013-01-27-Northern Crossing A Northern Crossing by father and son.
- 2013-01-27-Adkin-Girdlestone-Dorset Ridge Angle Knob to MacGregor Bivvy, over Girdlestone to Dorset Ridge Hut & Atiwhakatu Hut
For earlier trip reports see the full trip list