Be a great tramper, follow the Minimum Impact Code
These are trip reports submitted by club members, and from the Tararua Tramper.
Trip reports with photos
- 2012-04-05-Moss Pass An easter trip up the Sabine, over Moss Pass, returning down the D'Urville
- 2011-12-03-Pioneer Hut Climbs of Haidinger, Halcombe, Glacier Peak, West Peak, & Lendenfield.
- 2011-05-13-Naxos Island Greece Several day walks on the Naxos, one of islands in the Greek Cyclades group
- 2010-10-22-Tapuaeouenuku Labour weekend climbs of Tapuae-o-Uenuku and Alarm from the Clarence River
- 2010-10-22-Pelorus River-Bryant Range Labour Weekend - Pelorus River to Middy Hut, & Bryant Range to Dew Lakes
- 2010-10-17-Percy Scenic Reserve A trip to unveil a memorial to Peter Jagger in the Percy Scenic Reserve
- 2010-10-02-Mick-Tangata Maunga A 9-hour day trip over two peaks and along ridges
- 2010-08-22-Tararua Lodge Mt Ruapehu University ski week at the TTC lodge.
- 2010-07-01-Cordilleras Blanca And Huayhuash-Peru Eight weeks of climbing and living in the mountains of northern Peru using the town of Huaraz as a base
- 2010-06-26-Tararua Lodge Ruapehu A mid-winter weekend to celebrate the new alterations
- 2010-04-31-Otztal Alps Traverse An alpine ski touring trip to the Otztal alps, central eastern Alps, Europe
- 2010-04-18-Red Rocks A family tramp to Red Rocks, Wellington South Coast.
- 2010-04-02-Mt Owen An easter trip to Mt Owen area with climbs of Mt Owen, Replica, anda visit to Granity Pass.
- 2010-04-01-Renata Forks-Elder Hut-Quoin Ridge A 2-day round trip from Eastern Hutt to Elder Hut via Renata Forks and Quoin Ridge
- 2010-02-20-Utah Ski Fields A ski trip to Utah, USA, to ski the best snow on earth
- 2010-01-22-Rainbow Road-Molesworth A cycle trip from St Arnaud through the Rainbow Valley to Lake Tennyson and on through the Molesworth to Hodder Bridge
- 2010-01-03-Huayna Potosi-Bolivia A guided climb of a 6088m peak in Bolivia
- 2006-06-03-Ski Life Lodge-Family
- 1999-02-07 Tauherenikau Gorge Family Trip
- 1997-Easter-Bridge To Nowhere Family Trip
- 1997-01-Southern Crossing With Children
- 1996-Easter-Queen Charlotte Walkway
- 1996-12-Waiototo Wanderings
2015 Trip Reports
2014 Trip Reports
- 2014-11-16-Johnston Hill Reserve A day trip of botanising in Johnston Hill Reserve
- 2014-11-02-Tapuaenuku Mount Tapuaenuku Trip report - Labour Weekend October 2014
- 2014-10-28-Papatahi A climb of Papatahi in bad weather starting at North Boulder Creek.
- 2014-10-22-Mt Wainui A trip from Waikakriki Stream to Wainui Saddle to Mt Wainui and down.
- 2014-10-2-Cycling New Zealand A 49 day cycle trip from 90 Mile Beach to Bluff.
- 2014-10-01-Mangaterere River-Waiohine An 8-hour round trip mostly along ridges from the Mangaterere River over Waiohine.
- 2014-08-20-Pukerua Bay Cleaning beaches at Pukerua Bay & Plimmerton in a cold showery southerly.
- 2014-08-17-Rangiwahia Hut-Mangahuia Ski touring from Rangiwahia Hut to Mangahuia after a big snowfall
- 2014-08-15-Mount Aspiring Winter climbs of Mount Aspiring, Stargazer, and Somnus
- 2014-08-09-Southern Crossing A snowy winter trip along the Marchant Ridge to Alpha
- 2014-08-09-Mahina Bay-Wainuiomata A walk along historic tracks in the East Harbour Regional Park in sleety southerly weather.
- 2014-07-25-Wanaka Backcountry Avalanche Course A course covering snowpack stability, avalanche risk, etc for the alpine environment.
- 2014-06-21-Island Bay-Seatoun A day walk of on and off-track travel near Island Bay and Seatoun.
- 2014-06-18-Mangaone-Pukeatua A trip on the Te Araroa walkway with the two parties meeting up on Pukeatua,
- 2014-06-13-Southern Crossing A moonlight Southern Crossing in perfect weather.
- 2014-05-09-Cone-Hector-Winchcombe A circuit from Cone to Alpha hut, Hector, Winchcombe and Neill.
- 2014-04-18-Mount Arapiles Australia Climbing single and mutipitch routes on Mount Arapiles, Australia.
- 2014-04-04-Bannister A circuit from Kiriwhakapapa over Bannister, the Waiohine Pinnacles, and Girdlestone
- 2014-04-03-The Community Track Brief trip summary here
- 2014-04-02-Matthews Climb of Matthews via Matthews Stream
- 2014-03-19-Tapokopoko Stream A trip up near Greens Stream and over the Rimutaka Range to Tapokopoko Stream
- 2014-03-15-Papa And Saddle Creeks Off-track travel to explore an area above the Waitewaewae Track
- 2014-03-11-Neill Forks-Tarahanga Spur Travel via Makaka Creek to Cone Ridge, Neill Forks Hut, then Tarahanga Spur – Concertina Knob.
- 2014-03-09-Balfour-Magellan Some extreme climbing from the Balfour Glacier to the top of Magellan
- 2014-02-28-Falling Mountain A climb of Falling Mountain in Arthurs Pass National park
- 2014-02-26-Mt Reeves A return trip up old and new tracks over Mt Reeves to Reeves Stream and the Tauherenikau.
- 2014-02-23-Mc Gregor Falls Mostly off-track travel including travel in Holdsworth Creek.
- 2014-02-12-Paekakariki Escarpment A day walk on sections of Te Araroa, and thru native forest and private farmland.
- 2014-02-05-Backwater Stream-Waiopehu A day trip to Waiopehu Hut via Blackwater Stream.
For earlier trip reports see the full trip list