- visit https://ttc.org.nz (bookmark this link)
- find the page you want using the sidebar, site map, or search.
- navigate to the page you want to edit
- click on edit (from the top right hand menu)
- enter the public password, and click
- change the text displayed in the text area as required
- Important - put your name in the author box at the bottom of the editing area
- enter the reason for the change in the summary box at the bottom of the editing area
- simply follow the way things are already done on the page
- it doesn't matter if you make a mistake
- all changes are saved (click on history (from the top right hand menu) to view changes and restore from previous versions)
- when editing the following quick reference is displayed at the bottom of the page
Paragraphs: for a new paragraph, use a blank line;
Line break: \\ or [[<<]]
-> to indent text, -< hanging text
Join line: \
Lists: * for bulleted, # for numbered, :term:definition for definition lists
References: [[another page]], [[https://example.com/]], [[link"tool tip" | link text]], [[link | +]], [[#anchor]], [[#anchor | link text]]
Signatures: name: ~~~
Groups: [[Group/Page]] displays Page, [[Group.Page]] displays Group.Page, [[Group(.Page)]] displays Group, [[Group/]] links Group homepage
name and date: ~~~~
Separators: !!, !!! for headings, ---- for horizontal line
Prevent formatting: [=...=]
Preformatted: [@...@] or >>pre<<...>><<
The following examples will help.
text strong emphasis strong emphasis
bold italic link
to highlight text
The normal process is to create a link in an existing page that will refer to the new content, and save the page with the new link. You can use the Site map for this purpose.
Then click on the new link to create the new page.
Alternative you can enter the new page in the address bar by changing the URL, e.g. by changing
- if the page has an add photo link click on that, click on the browse button to locate the image, and the upload button to add the photo to the page. Viewing the page will show the picture
- use the following markup in a page, then click on the link to upload the image
- use the following markup in a page, then click on the link to upload the document or file
- on the page you file or image is located click on the top right Attach link. A list of files will be shown. Click on the delta (Δ) and load the new version of the file.
- go to the Profiles page
- click on your name to go to your page
- click edit to make changes
- to rename a page use the rename link. This will bring up a form where you can change the group the page is in, or change the name of the page.
- to delete a page edit it, and replace all its contents with the word delete