Add trip reports from Tararua Tramper - monthly
The Tararua Tramper is received as a PDF, by email, from the editor, generally in the last week of the previous month. If you have not received it by the end of the first week of the month then feel free to request it from the editor.
- open the wiki page Trip Reports.HomePage
- open the tramper PDF (with Acrobat reader)
- select each trip write up in turn and copy to the clipboard.
- on your browser use the box to enter a trip report page name in the format yyyy-mm-dd-Place-Place
- keep the trip name short by being selective about which places you use so the page name is not too long (see other trip report page names for examples).
- use hyphens to separate the date and to separate the places
- click on the create new trip report button (don't worry if you change your mind about the page name, it can be changed later)
- a new page will open with a template already entered
- keep and use the template markup
- position cursor after the !! and paste your text in,
- add the tramper issue details to the top line
- add an extra blank line between all paragraphs
- add a : before the word participants
- add categories
- spell check (install the google tool bar and use its spell check, or use Firefox or Chrome
- click on Save button at the bottom of the page
- click on Edit if you want to change the page
- look at how other pages are laid out for hints (open the page then click edit)
- Update the Trip Reports Home Page to show which published trips are available.
Back issues update
The following trampers (yyyy-mm) have been allocated for updating the website.
|Allan||2005-06, 2005-07, 2005-08|
|Neil||2005-03, 2005-04, 2005-05|
|Peter||2007-01, 2007-03, 2007-05, 2005-01|
Please update the trip reports page and remove them from this list as you complete them
- Includes trips published in the Tararua Tramper from 2005 March up to and including 2020 July
- the Archive contains a list of all electronic copies of the tramper that we have
This is the template used each time a new page is created. Update when necessary.
trip report text here
- Party members
- (leader and scribe).